Want to move your system to the cloud and get rid of your server?
There are 3 steps involved in moving to the cloud, and we will handle them all for you. (Except we might need your help with Step 1.)
Step 1: Is your system ready to upgrade to the cloud?
Schedule a time with OMTI Support to take care of these requirements:
- RB/MR needs to be the latest version.
- SQL Server version should be one of the following:
- SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 4
- SQL Server 2008 with Service Pack 3
- SQL Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 2
- SQL Server 2012 with Service Pack 1.
- No form’s file size can be over 3MB. (If OMTI Support finds that any of your forms is over 3MB, you will have to recreate those forms so that they are smaller than 3MB.)
- Passwords for Administrator and guest must be unique — NOT the default RB8/MR8 password. (OMTI Support can help you set your passwords.)
- OMTI Support will run the update tool. It will check repository files and:
- Correct file size if actual file size is different from database.
- List database records for files missing from the repository folder.
- Delete any files in the repository that are not in database.
- OMTI Fax Server will not work with RB8 Cloud or MR8 Cloud. You can use an online fax service. (You can choose an online fax service in Tools > System Preferences on the Fax tab.)
Step 2: Uploading to the cloud
OMTI Support will verify that your system is ready to move to the cloud. Then they will back up and detach your database before uploading your RB8 or MR8 database and repository files to the cloud.
Upload time depends on how much information is being uploaded. Upload speed is over 2MB/sec, or about 120MB in a minute, so you can expect that it will take approximately an hour to upload 7.2GB.
Step 3: Finish
After your database and repository files are uploaded, OMTI’s development team will finish set-up and activation within 24 hours.