If your clients or resources want mobile access to your RB Web, you have 3 choices:
- Do nothing and let them struggle reading tiny type and tapping tiny buttons in your RB Web site shrunk to fit their smartphone screen
- Determine which platform(s) they use on their mobile devices and buy dedicated RB Web Mobile Apps for each platform.
- Get RB Web Mobile On™ that covers all mobile devices for the same cost as a single RB Web Mobile App.
We’re pretty sure you wouldn’t want to choose the first option, but how to choose between the other 2? Use this comparison chart to understand the differences between RB Web Mobile Apps and RB Web Mobile On™.
RB Web Mobile Apps
RB Web Mobile On
|Access is through a dedicated app on each platform||Access is through one URL in a browser on all platforms|
|Each platform is a separate subscription||One subscription covers all platforms|
|You register each app you use with its app store (may incur additional fees)||No third-party registration or fees|
|Updates to app must be approved by app stores||Faster implementation of new feature updates & bug fixes|
|Apps can be used when user is online or offline||Plug-in can only be accessed through browser when online|
|Apps can be branded with your company name & logo||Plug-in cannot be branded (users can bookmark your URL to their device’s screen, but it will display the generic RB Web Mobile icon and name)|
Either way, you can make everybody happy with a mobile solution. In spite of their differences, both RB Web Mobile Apps and RB Web Mobile On offer these benefits:
- No computer needed– Information is available instantly via smartphone or tablet, so users don’t have to carry around a laptop, or wait for it to boot up.
- Mobile access to transcripts – With meTranscripts™, clients can read, highlight, comment on, and share transcripts with colleagues. Clients and resources can also view case files.
- Driving directions to locations – Along with detailed job info, clients and resources click a button to see a job’s location and get driving directions. Managers can get directions to a client’s offices or a resource’s home.
- One-touch job acknowledgements – Save time for both your resources and in-house staff with this easy convenience.
- Instant answers to financial questions – Clients can view invoices, statements, payment history and outstanding amounts. Resources can view pay statements and what you still owe them.
- Resource access to work schedule – Reporters and other resources can view their schedule and request time off.
- Mobile My Points – If you offer clients reward points through RB’s My Reward Points, they can track and redeem points using your mobile app. And it doesn’t cost you extra if you already have the RB Web My Reward Points plug-in.
- Crucial data for managers & staff on the road – Owners, managers and staff benefit too with client & resource data on their smartphones. Plus they can check that all jobs for a particular day have been assigned, audit new jobs for typos & other mistakes, and view the day’s tally of new and canceled jobs.
- No learning curve – RB Web Mobile Apps and RB Web Mobile On work the same as RB Web.