[RB8 is no longer available for sale.]
Your hardware and software must meet these minimums to run RB8.
RB8 Cloud & RB8 Subscribe
Set up as many workstations as you need wherever you need them
Workstations can be desktop PCs or laptops. You can connect them to your server remotely. If you have RB8 Subscribe, you can also connect your workstations directly to your server. You can have an unlimited number of workstations connected to your server; however the maximum number of workstations that can access your RB8 Server at the same time is determined by how many user licenses you have.
|Processor (CPU)||2 GHz or faster|
|Memory (RAM)1||2 GB|
|Hard Disk Space||500 MB|
|Monitor||VGA with 1024 x 768 resolution or higher 2|
|Operating System||Windows Vista or higher 3|
|Other Software||Adobe Reader/Acrobat 7 or higher, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or higher|
- Minimum RAM requirements are for RB8 only. If you run other applications at the same time as RB8, you will encounter memory problems unless you have enough RAM to allot to all open applications.
- You cannot utilize our software without meeting the minimum resolution requirement listed here.
- RB8 Subscribe and RB8 Cloud can also run on Windows XP, although we do not recommend it due to its vulnerability to security risks and viruses.
You need one user license for each user who accesses your RB Server (where your RB8 database resides) at the same time. For example, if you have two people scheduling jobs, a Billing person, a Production person and yourself all using RB at the same time, you need five user licenses.
You do not need extra user licenses for duplicate installations. For example, if you want to install RB on both your desktop computer and your laptop because you want to be able to sometimes work remotely, you only need one user license to cover both computers because only one of them will access your RB Server at a time.
You do not need user licenses for anyone using RB Web, such as attorneys and reporters, to access their info in your RB8 database. If however you have reporters or employees working remotely with your RB8 database, i.e., they log into your RB8 directly, not through RB Web, you need to include them in your user licenses.
You can add or cancel user licenses at any time when you subscribe to RB8.
RB8 Subscribe only
Specifications for your in-house server
With RB8 Subscribe, you need a machine that matches the specs below to host your RB8 Server and database.
NOTE: Your server or main computer is the heart of your RB system. If you run other applications or store data on this machine, add those requirements to the RB requirements.
|Processor (CPU)1||3 GHz or faster|
|Memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Hard Disk Space 2||100 GB|
|Monitor||VGA with 1024 x 768 resolution or higher|
|Operating System||Windows Server 2008 or higher, Windows Vista 3 or higher|
|Database||SQL Server 2008 Express Edition SP3 4 or higher|
|Internet Access 5||Required|
|Other Software||.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or higher, Windows Installer 4.5 or higher|
- We highly recommend Intel® processors. Non-Intel processors (such as processors labeled Intel compatible, AMD, etc.) have many known issues with running SQL Server. Since we cannot resolve these issues, only Intel processors are recommended.
- This space does NOT include data storage or file depository storage space.
- Windows Vista is the minimum recommendation for your server’s operating system, but Windows 8.1 or higher is preferable if you are purchasing new software.
- MSDE 2000 has been replaced with SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. It is your responsibility to download, install and maintain it. As a courtesy and a service, OMTI will install it for you, but you must contact Microsoft for support. We do not support any third-party software.
SQL Server 2008 Express Edition has limitations. You are limited to only one processor with 1 GB RAM, and total data size cannot exceed 4 GB. When your data reaches this limit, you must purchase SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition or higher.
SQL Server 2000 is NO LONGER SUPPORTED and will not be compatible with RB8.
- You cannot update our software without Internet access.
Non-RB installations & maintenance
Please note: RB8 is a software solution only. You are responsible for installing and maintaining any hardware and third-party software required to operate RB8.
Maintenance that is your responsibility includes:
- Configuring your firewall, including opening ports as required by OMTI Support for your RB system to operate. We are not able to open ports in clients’ systems. Port requirements must be done by client. (RB8 Subscribe only. RB8 Cloud does not need port access to your system.)
- Resolving network issues.
- Setting printer.
- Installing IIS.
- Making your logo image for branding your RB documents, website, etc.
- Keeping all required software and hardware to current specs set by OMTI Support.